Made under licence from the Bauhaus-Archiv in Berlin. Presented for the first time in the Officina Alessi catalogue in 1989 after four years of work and research, this piece was originally attributed to Marianne Brandt by the authoritative Bruckmann’s Silber Lexicon which published its photo, assigned it to the Dessau Bauhaus and dated it to around 1925. But the shaker was subsequently re-attributed: research carried out in 1994 by the director of the Bauhaus Archiv, Peter Hahn, discovered that its designer was in actual fact Sylvia Stave from Sweden. A photo very like this shaker was published in the 1937 catalogue of a Swedish maker, C.G. Hallbergs of Stockholm.