If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
1. Information Collection and Use
Information You Provide.
When you interact with our Service, we collect information that you voluntarily provide. For example, when you create an account with us, update your account data on our Service, or otherwise use certain aspects of our Service, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, profile photo, and/or location (e.g., city and state). We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We collect demographic information such as your age, gender, and country.
- Profile Data. We collect your username, interests, favorites, items from the collection you have saved and other profile data.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you chat with another user through the Service, we need to collect the content of that chat to display it to you and the other user as you direct.
- Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, such as your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically.
We automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Service. We may use Service Providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
We use various current – and later – developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Service, such as your service use data.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file stored on your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- App Technologies. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in our apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include third party SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server and is in effect the app version of a pixel. These SDKs allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third-Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third-Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
- Information from Other Sources.
- Information collected when you register to join the Service (or choose to refresh your account data) by logging into an account that you already have with a third-party social networking platform (“SNP”) via our Service. For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. If you create a user account by logging into the SNP via the Service, you are using the information you have already provided to the SNP (such as your “real” name, e-mail address, and other information you make available via the SNP) to create your account on our Service. Accordingly, if you use Facebook Connect to join the Service, you are allowing us to access the information in your Facebook account pursuant to Facebook’s terms and conditions governing your use of the Service via Facebook. The information we receive from an SNP may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNP, so please check the SNP’s privacy and data practices.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
For further information on Third Party Services, see the section entitled “Third Parties” below.
Our Use of Your Information
We use your information, either alone or in combination with other information, so that we can provide, enhance and personalize our Service and related content, products, and marketing efforts.
The following are examples of a variety of ways that we may use your information. We may use information about you:
- to provide you with the best user experience possible;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to communicate with you regarding Service updates, offers, and promotions;
- to help us develop, customize, deliver, support and improve our Service, content, and advertising;
- to help authenticate any account you create with us;
- to protect the rights or property of Keep Holdings or our users, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- to help you find your friends (such as your Facebook friends) on the Service, and to help other users find you on the Service;
- to protect the security of our Service and business;
- for our internal purposes (such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications);
- with your consent, to send you communications regarding our and third-party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services that may be of interest to you;
- with your consent, to develop and display content, features, and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service as well as on other platforms and services; and
- otherwise as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
We may share your information (such as addresses, credit card information, and phone numbers) along with your other order information with merchants, payment processors, couriers, delivery personnel and other third-party vendors to fulfill your orders on our Service and for analytics, and with merchants for their additional uses in accordance with their terms of service and privacy policies. When we share your address with merchants to fulfill your orders on our Service, we may use the address you provided as both your “shipping address” and “billing address” with applicable merchants in order to fulfill orders.
When you make a purchase from the Keep.com website or the Keep mobile app, you must enroll and provide a payment card number. To be eligible, the payment card must be a credit or debit card account number for a US bank branded American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, and must be in good standing. In order to protect your data, and to facilitate efficient purchases as well as refund handling, we will make the purchases with the designated merchants on your behalf using a different card number. Once the purchase is confirmed we will bill that purchase to your designated payment card account.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow any unsubscribe instructions that may be provided in our communications to you or update your user preferences by logging into your user account on the Website. Please be aware that there may be a delay as your request is processed during which time you may continue to receive communications from us. Please note that we may use your information to contact you with important notifications, such as notices with respect to safety, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies; you may not opt out of these notifications. Please also note that we may continue to use your information for statistical or other purposes as we see fit after you unsubscribe from any communications and/or terminate your use of the Service.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
2. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share information about you as follows:
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf (e.g., without limitation, software maintenance services, e-mail notifications, database management, web analytics and other services) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide these services and assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified date for other purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a retailer for purposes of providing you with product support.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service) and in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Other Users of the Service. If you create an account through the Service and submit information to create a profile or Collection, other users of the Service will be able to see your name, user photo or user avatar, and location information (city and state). If you choose to provide additional information in your profile, other users of the Service will also be able to see such additional information. Providing additional information is voluntary, and we suggest that you guard and refrain from disclosing any information you consider sensitive and confidential.
- Social Networking Platforms. We may share information in your Service account with the SNPs that you have linked to your account. For example, if you link your Facebook account to our Service, then your recent activity on our Service (such as when you Like any Content you find on the Service) may be posted back to your Facebook account (subject to your Facebook Timeline integration settings).
- Compliance with Laws, Legal Process and Authorities. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of us or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- Business Transfers. Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, we may sell, transfer or otherwise disclose some or all of our assets, including your information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. It’s our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
3. THIRD PARTIES.
Third Party Products and Services
Our Service contains links to, and/or content from, third party websites and online services, locations, platforms and websites. The fact that we link to a website or display an advertisement or other third party content or product is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with any of those third parties, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices.
Third Party Features
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your Company account through, Third Party Services, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to engage with such a Third-Party Service through our Service, we may collect any information you have authorized the Third Party Service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, e-mail address, birthday, friends list, and other account and profile data). Likewise, if you choose to engage with such a Third-Party Service through our Service or visit our Service while logged in to that Third Party Service on your device, the Third Party Service may receive information about your activities on our Service and be able to associate that information with information the Third Party Service already has about you.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third party analytics provides, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third Party Services. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Keep Holdings makes good faith efforts to enable features on the Service that provide individuals with reasonable access to information that they have provided to Keep Holdings and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for deletion, as applicable, if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. To view and change the information in your user profile that you have provided to Keep Holdings via the Service, you can log in to your user account on the Website. For other deletion requests with respect to your information, please contact Keep Holdings in writing via e-mail to email@example.com and specify the data you wish to have removed from public display. Please note we may retain server/backup copies of all data, and that we may decline to process change or deletion requests that we deem to be unreasonable, or require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others. California residents have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” below.
Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- App Technologies. You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or e-mailing us at the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Company’s ongoing business relations.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These security measures include administrative, technical, and physical precautions to safeguard your information against loss, theft, and misuse. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Company may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Company is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
Our Policy Toward Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 via our Service, and do not target our Service to children under 13 as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.